Reasons to choose Ultimaker Though PLA
Tough PLA is as easy to print with as regular PLA but is as tough as ABS
- Impact strength similar to ABS
- Higher stiffness compared with ABS
- Less brittle than regular PLA
- Gives a more matte surface finish than regular PLA
- Heat resistance is similar to standard PLA filaments,
so printed parts should not be exposed to
temperatures above 60 ºC
- More reliable than ABS for larger prints, with no
delamination or warping
- Compatible with Ultimaker support materials (PVA
and Breakaway) giving full geometric freedom when
Though PLA has all of the strength characteristics of ABS with out the difficulty in printing.
Though PLA is strong enough to replace ABS for tooling applications that don't require the temperature characteristics of ABS.
More dimensionally stable and just as easy to print with as regular PLA, makes Tough PLA the perfect material for manufacturing aids.