3D character animation software.
MotionBuilder® 3D character animation software for virtual production helps you to more efficiently manipulate and refine data with greater reliability. Capture, edit, and play back complex character animation in a highly responsive, interactive environment, and work with a display optimized for both animators and directors.
3DV, an Autodesk reseller for 25 years is here to make sense of variables like Single User, Multi-user, Basic Subscription, Advanced Subscription and ever changing promotions which make purchasing decisions difficult. 3DV offers free consulting to help you find the appropriate option for your needs.
The MotionBuilder software is the industry-leading, real-time 3D animation solution for feature film, video game, and broadcast productions. With a strong focus on interactive real-time workflows, Autodesk MotionBuilder enables creative 3D artists and technical artists alike to take on the most demanding, animation-intensive projects.
- Support for consumer motion-capture devices
- Re-create elements of real-world cinematography with advanced camera options for Animatable Depth and Follow Focus
- Combine, blend, and layer to block out or previsualize scenes in less time with an additional 100 useful character animations
- Unified nondestructive, nonlinear editing environment
- Full-body inverse kinematics character technology with animation retargeting
Real-time 3D engine
Access one of the industry's fastest animation tools.
Capitalize on trends for stereoscopic 3D content.
Motion capture editing and data cleanup
Includes production-proven tools to manipulate motion capture data.
With its software development kit, support for FBX data exchange technology, and Python scripting, MotionBuilder interoperates with certain products in the Entertainment Creation Suites. Establish live streaming between MotionBuilder and Maya to send HumanIK characters between applications.
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (SP1) and Windows 10 Professional operating system
- Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 6.5 & 7.2 WS operating system
- CentOS 6.5 & 7.2 Linux operating system
||Autodesk recommends the latest version of the following web browsers for access to online supplemental content:
- Apple® Safari®
- Google Chrome™
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer®
- Mozilla® Firefox®
||64-bit Intel® or AMD® multi-core processor
with SSE4.2 instruction set
||Refer to Certified Hardware for a detailed list of recommended systems and graphics cards
||8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
||4 GB of free disk space for install