Krakatoa™ for CINEMA 4D is a volumetric particle rendering plugin for Mac OSX and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- The Krakatoa renderer is CPU-based, highly optimized and heavily multi-threaded.
- Krakatoa's memory footprint adapts dynamically to the requested features, with a minimum memory usage of 26 bytes per particle.
- Krakatoa supports volumetric and additive particle shading and allows the mixing of the two modes.
- Krakatoa features both Particle (aka Point) rendering and Voxel rendering modes.
- Self-shadowing and shadow casting from matte (holdout) geometry objects are supported.
- Krakatoa features integrated Motion Blur and Depth Of Field camera effects.
- Render-time particle Repopulation allows the creation of more particles than the original source provided.
- The interactive lighting can be baked to PRT files as a dedicated Lighting channel and allows for fast re-rendering of pre-lit particle assets, as well as for basic relighting techniques.
- Krakatoa C4D supports both native CINEMA 4D Emitter Particles and Thinking Particles; external particle sources loaded from disk via the PRT Loader object; procedurally generated particles from geometry volumes and surfaces via the PRT Volume and PRT Surface objects; and fractal-based distributions via the PRT Fractal object.
- Currently supported external particle file formats are Thinkbox' PRT file sequences, RealFlow BIN file sequences, and ASCII Comma-Separated Values CSV sequences.
- Krakatoa C4D includes the ability to save particle data to PRT files. It ships with an integrated option for PRT Saving/Partitioning for generating multiple wedges of the same particle system.
- PRT Loader objects can be used to load one or more external file sequences. The PRT Loader allows for particle retiming using offset and animation curve controls.
- PRT Volume objects can be used to fill the volume of a polygon mesh with particles and provides the option to distribute particles within a range from the geometry surface.
- PRT Surface objects can be used to quickly distribute random particles on the surface of a polygon mesh.
- PRT Fractal objects can be used to create procedural fractal particle distributions based on a random seed, iterations control and several animatable parameters.
Particle Channel Operator Tags
- Using dedicated CINEMA 4D tags, Krakatoa exposes several channel data operations that can be used on any valid particle source usable by the renderer.
- These operations include the setting of a Float or Vector Channel to a new value, the Scaling of an existing Channel by a Scalar factor, the Copying of one Channel into another, the assigning of a custom channel as UV coordinates to be used by a Texture tag for advanced mapping effects, and the Repopulation of a particle system using Krakatoa's render-time particle multiplication algorithm.
|System Requirements for Krakatoa C4D
- CINEMA 4D Versions: R14, R15, R16
- Windows 7,8,10 (64-Bit), OSX 10.8.5~(and higher)
- Intel Pentium 4 (Windows PC)
- Athlon 64 (Windows PC)
- Intel Core 2 Solo (Macintosh)
- 2 GB RAM
- 50 Gigabytes free hard drive space
- Windows 7 or 8 (64-bit only) on Intel or AMD 64-bit processors with SSE3 support; Mac OS X 10.8.5 or higher on 64-bit Intel-based Macs; 4 GB available RAM, OpenGL Graphics card supporting OpenGL 3.2, DVD ROM drive. A standard DVD installation can require up to 7 GB of hard drive space. The software must be registered for unrestricted use.