One product. Unlimited possibilities.
Bring products to market faster and impact your bottom line through a connected product development process.
3DV, an Autodesk reseller for 25 years is here to make sense of variables like Single User, Multi-user, Basic Subscription, Advanced Subscription and ever changing promotions which make purchasing decisions difficult. 3DV offers free consulting to help you find the appropriate option for your needs.
Manufacturing has changed. So should your tools.
Make quality parts, faster. Reduce cycle times and increase your bottom-line utilizing a single unified platform.
Go from design to machining faster
your designs with the largest set of CAD data translators for 50+
different file types. Directly edit existing features or model fixtures
with a truly integrated CAD / CAM platform.
Generate toolpaths in minutes, not hours
setup and programing allows you to make parts faster. Post full NC
programs with a post from our extensive library of free, open source,
and fully editable processors.
Get CAD + CAM at a fraction of the cost
Stretch your budget further by eliminating costly, disparate CAD / CAM tools with one affordable integrated solution.
Solve engineering challenges faster
Simultaneously generate multiple options of your design while
consolidating parts, reducing weight, and improving overall product
System Requirements and Software Compatibility
Operating System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows®–8.1, or 10 (v. 1607 Anniversary Update or later).
- Autodesk no longer provides updates for Windows 7. For more information see FAQ and Autodesk Knowledge Network.
- Desktop Connector is not supported when run "elevated". For more details see Known Issues and search for "elevated".
- For more information on Virtual Installation Guidelines please see
the section "Technical Support for Virtual Installation" found on the Autodesk Knowledge Network.
Supported Data Sources
Autodesk BIM 360 Docs
Autodesk BIM 360 Team
Autodesk Fusion Team
Software Compatibility and Supported File Types
Desktop Connector supports all file types. File references are supported only for the file types called out below.
On Windows®, Desktop Connector supports advanced workflows, including reference gathering, for the following CAD applications:
- Autodesk 3ds Max (64-bit only) 2014 and later.
- Autodesk Alias (64-bit only)
- Autodesk AutoCAD (64-bit only) 2016 and later.
- Autodesk Civil 3D 2020.2 Update and later.
- Autodesk FeatureCAM (64-bit only)
- Autodesk Inventor (64-bit only) 2016 and later.
- Autodesk PowerInspect (64-bit only) 2018.1 and later
- Autodesk PowerMill (64-bit only)
- Solidworks® (64-bit only) 2017-2019.
Note: Make sure you have the latest updates installed for the best performance.
Desktop Connector supports the following languages:
- Chinese (simplified)
- Chinese (traditional)