Reasons to choose Ultimaker PP
PP is popular worldwide with engineers and manufacturers for a wide variety of applications.
- Durable with high toughness and fatigue resistance (PP retains its shape after torsion, bending, and/or flexing)
- Low friction and smooth surfaces
- Good heat resistance (up to 105°C)
- Chemical resistance to a wide range of bases and acids, including industrial cleaning agents
- High electrical resistance makes it a good electrical insulator
- Very resistant to moisture
- Low density resulting in lightweight parts (high strength-to-weight ratio)
- Excellent layer bonding
- Adequate bed adhesion and low warping when using Advanced 3D Printing Kit stickers
- Recyclable, for low environmental impact
Design products rapidly
The amount of time to finalize a product is shrinking with 3D printing. This leaves room for improved designs and more innovation.
and fit testing
Thanks to 3D printing, it’s possible to touch your design in hours rather than weeks, so you can quickly test the market and get feedback too.
Confirm your design's manufacturability
Now you can verify form, function and manufacturability early on. This helps you to catch costly mistakes far earlier in the development cycle.
Reach breakthroughs faster
With 3D printers prototypes are less costly and faster to produce – this leaves far more time for research breakthroughs.