PVA (polyvinyl alcohol) is a water soluble support material for multi-extrusion 3D printing. With a good thermal stability, Ultimaker PVA is ideal for printing complex models that require supports for large overhangs, deep internal cavities, and intricate geometries. Designed for a seamless 3D printing experience, our PVA provides good adhesion to both PLA and Nylon.
Printing Temperature: 170 - 190 C
Reasons to choose Ultimaker PVA
- Good thermal stability resulting in better degradation resistance compared to other PVA filaments
- Less moisture sensitive than other PVA filaments
- Great adhesion to both PLA and Nylon
- Safe dissolution in tap water (no harmful chemicals required)
- Biodegradable with no hazardous by-products
Get smoother surface details and complex geometries
PVA reduces the chance of scraping and cutting marks on detailed surfaces such as characters, faces, and other intricate details.
Orient prints for maximum optimization
When slicing prints with PVA, you have the freedom to orient your model in any way possible in order to customize its strength and/or aesthetic requirements during 3D printing.
Endless possibilities for mechanical parts
Multi-component applications such as ball bearings, ball and socket joints, and caged gear mechanisms can be 3D printed as a complete assembly in a single run.