Ultimaker PLA (polylactic acid) filament provides a no-hassle 3D printing experience thanks to its reliability and good surface quality. Our PLA is made from organic and renewable sources. It’s safe, easy to print with and it serves a wide range of applications for both novice and advanced users.
Printing Temperature: 195 - 220 C*
Print Speed: 40 - 100 mm/s
Heated bed: 60 C
Reasons to choose Ultimaker PLA
PLA is the preferred choice for primary and secondary schools because it’s safe and easy to print with.
- Good tensile strength
- Good surface quality
- Easy to work with at high print speeds
- User-friendly for both home and office environments
- Allows the creation of high-resolution parts
- Ideal for models and prototypes that require aesthetic detail
- Great for lost casting methods to create metal parts
- A wide range of color options available
- Prints in dual extrusion with PVA on Ultimaker
Precise model visualization
In the medical industry, doctors are utilizing 3D printed models made from PLA to help patients better understand and visualize their condition.
Detailed concept models
PLA helps architects quickly build affordable, high-resolution prototypes with sharp surface details for client presentations.
Great curves and overhangs
Prints containing intricate curves, overhangs, and geometric features, can be easily printed with PLA.