CPE (co-polyester) materials are chemical resistant, tough and demonstrate good dimensional stability. It is a preferred choice for both functional prototypes and mechanical parts. While both CPE and CPE+ provide similar performance characteristics, CPE+ provides the added benefit of higher temperature resistance and increased impact strength.
Printing Temperature: 240 - 260 C
Print Speed: 40 - 100 mm/s
Heated bed: 60 C
Reasons to choose Ultimaker CPE
Product designers use CPE to make extremely tough and dimensionally stable functional prototypes.
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Excellent toughness and dimensional stability
- Good interlayer adhesion, especially when using the front door add-on
- Low levels of ultrafine particles (UFPs) and volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Ideal for short run manufacturing and functional prototypes
- Transparent option available
Product design with CPE
The UItimaker’s family of CPE filaments provides users with an array of options, depending on their performance needs.
Reliable, chemical resistant parts
The Ultimaker CPE is a great choice for building custom mechanical parts that require excellent chemical resistance.
Complex geometries are easy
CPE offers toughness and dimensional stability for functional prototypes that require rigorous testing prior to entering full production.