Bring your imagination to life with Maya® 3D animation, modeling, simulation, and rendering software. Maya helps artists tell their story with one fast, creative toolset.
UV editor workflow, look, and feel
The UV Editor interface has been overhauled, and includes a new UV Toolkit with better tools and functionality.
Clump modifier for interactive grooming
Generate realistic clumping effects in hair and fur for more natural-looking hair.
After Effects live link
Create a live link between Maya and Adobe® After Effects® to make real-time changes and view scenes simultaneously.
Additional MASH nodes
The MASH toolset gives you new nodes (curve, signal, world, placer, and more), as well as updates to existing nodes.
Arnold in Maya
Maya 2017 comes integrated with the Arnold renderer, used by the biggest names in visual effects and animation to solve the most complex rendering problems. Arnold lets you render high-quality images right out of the box, scaling with your processing power as project complexity demands.
Enhanced game engine workflows
Move from Maya to game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or Autodesk Stingray with simplified and streamlined game exporter workflows.
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (SP1), Microsoft Windows 10 Anniversary Update (64-bit only) (version 1607 or higher) operating system
- Apple® Mac OS® X 10.11.x, 10.12.x, 10.13.x, 10.14.x operating system
- Linux® Red Hat® Enterprise 7.3 WS and 7.5 WS operating system
- Linux® CentOS 7.3 and 7.5 operating system ¹
- Nvidia Guide for Virtualization with GRID & VMWare
Autodesk recommends the latest version of the following web browsers for access to online supplemental content:
- Apple® Safari® web browser
- Google Chrome™ web browser
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® web browser
- Mozilla® Firefox® web browser
||64-bit Intel® or AMD® multi-core processor with SSE4.2 instruction set
||Refer to the following pages for a detailed list of recommended systems and graphics cards:
Maya Certified Hardware
||8 GB of RAM (16 GB or more recommended)
||4 GB of free disk space for install